[mythtv] ALSA audio capture

devel at mrwire.co.uk devel at mrwire.co.uk
Thu May 3 15:32:10 UTC 2007

Can you create a new ticket and attach the patch to it at http://svn.mythtv.org

I'd be interested in testing this out but won't be able to do it until next week.  The audio input is the one bit I still have to use OSS emulation for at the moment.

Cheers,
Matt
--

Hi all,

I've noticed that mythtv does not support ALSA input for analog
capture.  OSS doesn't work very well for me using the internal audio on
my DVICO FusionHDTV card so I've implemented ALSA capture.  The patch is
basically two things (even though it's in one patch).  First, it
seperates the OSS from the NuppelVideoRecorder and abstracts the audio
input.  Second, it adds the ALSA stuff.  The patch is located at:
http://www.student.cs.uwaterloo.ca/~amistry/oss/mythtv_alsa.patch

Comment, suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

- Anand