[mythtv] Ongoing support for NZ MHEG-5 profile

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Thu Mar 22 19:45:21 UTC 2007

On Fri, March 23, 2007 5:28 am, David Matthews wrote:
> Steven Ellis wrote:
>> In general the MHEG support works really well, but it appears that the
>> local MHEG-5 based EPG has done a new code release and now makes use of
>> DrawPolygon which is currently unimplemented. I've included some log
>> output below.
>>
>> Doesn't look like these are particularly large polygons.
>>
>> Now I'm wondering if there is some particularly smart way to do this
>> with QT.
>
> I seem to recall trying to do some of this with Qt but ran into
> problems.  The difficulty was that QPainter (which does have a
> drawPolygon method) uses X-Windows underneath and because the MHEG code
> is running on a different thread than the display code things went badly
> wrong.  Maybe someone has some code to draw a polygon directly to a
> QImage.  It shouldn't be hard.

Thanks for the heads up. Looking at the use of DrawPoly they are just
adding some minor graphical elements so it isn't a huge deal, but it would
be nice to have full compliance with the NZ stack.

Just noticed that the RedButton project have only just implements
DrawPolygon themselves.

Steve
Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR