[mythtv] xmltvparser.cpp and uk_rt grabber movie category fixup

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 21:14:30 UTC 2007

> Stuart Morgan wrote:

> > I left the code commented as a reminder. For the time being, users can
> > un-comment that if they want, but before 0.21 is released I'll have
> > a proper
> > fix in place.
>
> Another solution might be to put the fix in the grabber.  That way it
> is localised to where it is needed.

Except there's nothing wrong with the grabber. In the UK, movies are
called films. Any translation should surely be done in the client
application using the data.

One question I would ask is why the hack in question cannot be
re-enabled until a 'proper fix' is in place, even if it is hacky and
grabber-specific. It doesn't hurt anyone, and provides a benefit. How
is this not a good thing?

As a user, breaking functionality is annoying. Isaac has just stated
the majority of users have package-based installations - so unless
individual packagers are re-enabling this code before compilation and
packaging, UK users using the uk_rt grabber will have broken mythweb
and mythfrontend searches.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: