[mythtv] DirectFB-1.0.0-rc4, qt-embedded-free-3.3.8

Mike Gibson megibson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 20:10:17 UTC 2007

> Building with these these two oddities gets as far as an error linking
> -o mythtv, seemingly QT related. Anyone interested? Or perhaps it just
> silly to try ... I'm not sure.

Looks like a problem with the qt part.  Not a problem with DirectFB.
Have you made the required changes to the myth code for qt/embedded?
I have them lying around somewhere if you're interested.

This is the configuration that I'm working with right now.  FYI, many
of the howtos out there on how to get MythTV working without X (and
via the framebuffer) are not correct.  There is an implied connection
between DirectFB and Qt/Embedded, which is incorrect.  Qt/Embedded
uses the kernel framebuffer interface, not DirectFB.  However, I'm
working on a qt/embedded (3.3) driver that does use DirectFB.  It can
be found at www.directfb.org in cvs under qte-directfb.  The graphics
portion is the only part that works right now.  But it does work.  The
keyboard and mouse portions are coming up.  There is also the issue of
MythTV itself using DirectFB which I haven't even tested.  I'm using
it for my Matrox G400 card for which there is great support in
DirectFB.

Mike Gibson
megibson at gmail.com