[mythtv] Scheduler needs table keys?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Mar 3 07:31:59 UTC 2007

* On Sat Mar 03, 2007 at 02:09:32AM -0500, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
> Yeah, I saw the commit comments.  (My one question ['cause I haven't
> actually read the code in question]:  what's the precise definition of
> "endtime"?  The time the program was scheduled to end with, or without

endtime is recorded.endtime which is the time the recording ended (not
counting the pre/postroll seconds).

If a recording is stopped prematurely then the endtime should be updated.
If the backend is CTRL-C-ed or dies then it won't be updated so the filesize
will just get updated after the original endtime is past.

>     > A hack for this would be to set your DBSchemaVer in the settings table to

> Yikes!

Keyword hack. :)

> I still wish this was a supported part of Myth, though. :)
> These rogue updates (e.g,. new frontend smashes the backend)
> generate a fair number of "d'oh!" messages to the list and no
> doubt quite a bit of headache for those who trip over them.

But then we'd have just as many people asking why their backend won't
startup because they need to go modify some startup script to force it
to allow automatically upgrading the schema, then they have to remember
to restart the backend after removing the command line argument and
restart again or else the next DB upgrade would be applied automatically.

I can see an argument for making it so that only the master backend
or mythtv-setup would automatically upgrade the DB while slave backends
and the frontend would exit and print an error message about the DB being
the wrong/old schema version, but I'm not sure if that idea would be
accepted.

--
Chris