[mythtv] Is anyone working on anything like this?

David Frascone dave at frascone.com
Thu Jun 28 15:46:21 UTC 2007

Not yet -- I got distracted by some other projects:

1) Upgrading frontend to a nice higher power box w/ nice case.
2) Adding bedroom frontend with a nice case (and more memory)
3) Adding streaming XM to my menus.

But -- now -- I think I'm ready to start looking at the plugin . . when I
get back from ottawa -- Are any other Myth-heads here for ols?  (
http://linuxsymposium.org/)?

-Dave

On 6/26/07, Matt <skd5aner at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/25/07, David Frascone <dave at frascone.com> wrote:
> >

> > On 5/24/07, hendrixski <hendrixski at storsint.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I was wondering the same thing.  Is there a plugin howto out
> there?  I'd
> > > really like to start playing around with mythtv by experimenting with
> > > plugins.
> >
> > I just started coding.  I've got a curl script that  logs in and
> retrieves
> > the data.  But, then I  told myself, "duh" and decided to look at the
> > netflix plugin, which probably does most of the login/cookie stuff I
> need.
> >
> > Then I'll worry about playback.
> >
> > -Dave
> >

> > --
> > David Frascone
> >
> > Any wire cut to length will be too short.
> >

> David,
>
>    Just curious to see if you've been able to make any progress.  I
> brought the idea up to my wife the other day and it was yet another
> thing that she thought would be a great feature in myth.  I wonder if
> James would be interested in helping,  I know he's done a few things
> in terms of integrating vonage Caller ID in.  Here's a few threads
> he's contributed to in terms of vonage stuff, including one that might
> be useful for the voicemail work:
>

> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/106901?search_string=vonage;#106901
>

> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/189874?search_string=vonage;#189874
>

> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/190665?search_string=vonage;#190665
>
> If you are working on it, great!  If not, I completely understand.
> Makes me wish I had the time to learn to program...
>
> Thanks!
> Matt

David Frascone

Oxymoron: Safe Sex.