[mythtv] an update on SVN firewire recordings

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Jun 24 17:56:47 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-06-24 at 10:27 -0700, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> says:
> > well, there should to be a way to get the firewire_tester "fix" code
> > into the backend
>
> I'm fortunate in that ever since 0.20 came along I *never* see the
> 'migrating nodes' or 'unresponsive nodes' issues with my two DCT6200s
> except when the boxes are either unplugged from power or unplugged

FYI Migrating nodes are not a problem for SVN Head, it uses
the GUID to identify the STB's and the recorders have the
smarts to use a new node and port if the device moves.

For 0.20 you are probably seeing an improvement because you
changed Linux kernels and hence have newer FireWire drivers.
You will still see nodes move if you add new devices to the
bus that your STB's are on. I did a lot of the testing for
the node tracking code by just plugging and unplugging a
hard drive into the back of the STB. Another fun thing to
do is plug a Mac and a PC (both running mythbackend on OSX
and Linux, resp) into the STB and having them fight over
control of the STB.

-- Daniel