[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r13715 by awithers

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Jun 17 15:16:53 UTC 2007

Paul Harrison wrote:
> Anduin Withers wrote:
>
>>> This is going to break ripping several tracks to the same file.
>>>
>>> http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/13381
>>>

>> How? There are no functional changes (or shouldn't be) in my commit. The
>> encoder instance still changes on 'active' tracks (as it did before
>> [13715]). The old "is the next track active or last" isn't needed, however
>> the code functions the same.
>>
>> I did do several test rips before committing, multi-track to one file worked
>> for me. If there is a problem I'll be happy to correct it, I'm just not
>> seeing it.
>>

> Maybe I should have reserved my judgment until after I'd actually tried
> it =)
>
> Just looking at the changeset it looks like the decoder is being reset
> at the start of every new track because you removed the lines at
> 263-270. I think I must be missing something obvious here. I guess I
> should look at the whole code in context and not just the changeset!
> I'll give it a try later today.
>
> Paul H.

OK it does indeed work OK when writing several tracks to the same file.

Unfortunately there does seem to be a problem ripping to mp3 with only
the last track having its tag properly written to it. I thought it may
be something to do with the change to using taglib but reverting back to
[13714] all works fine so it isn't that. Ripping to ogg the tag seems to
be written OK.

Paul H.