[mythtv] mythtv- code architecture

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jun 14 09:26:58 UTC 2007

Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 15:20 -0400, hendrixski wrote:
>> Good documentation lowers the barrier to entry for new developers who
>> can make solid contributions.  Making that documentation easily
>> accessible wouldn't be a bad idea either.
>
> If you write any developer docs, doxygen or any other type,
> I'll be glad to commit these to the tree and mirror the
> results of 'cd mythtv/docs; make devdocs' at cuymedia.net.
>
> I think writing developer documentation for MythTV is a good
> way to learn the code.

I'm not sure if this is useful or not but on the Digikam list recently I
read the following mail.

Digikam's lead developer Gilles experimented with extending what the
Doxygen docs generated to create better class diagrams etc.

It takse a long time to generate them and I'd imagine doing the same for
Myth would also take >1hr!

May be worth someone playing around.

PS Sorry if the Myth Doxygen stuff already does this, but I've not
looked for a while.

Also, are you aware there is a Trac plugin for Doxygen docs.... may be a
useful addition to add to Myth's site. Works quite nicely if you care to
style it a little (integrated search bit is nice!)

Anyway here is Gilles' mail, hope it's insightful!

Col