[mythtv] Theme source location update proposal (and mythcontrol plugin widescreen ui problem)

Roo roo.watt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 05:03:19 UTC 2007

On 11/06/07, Robert Tsai <mythtv at tsaiberspace.net> wrote:
> I was the one who supplied a patch to put the default-wide files where
> they are now:
>
>         http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1393
>
> I agree it would make more sense to keep plugin UI files with the rest
> of the plugin source (that is what is done with default 4:3 theme
> files). However, to do this, you'd have to play some games:
>
>         - Give the 16:9 -ui.xml file a different name (say,
>           music-ui-wide.xml) and then have qmake somehow rename it
>           when installing it into default-wide/music-ui.xml
>
>         - Remove the current music-ui.xml and create different
>           subdirectories for the 4:3 and 16:9 XML files, say,
>           mythmusic/default/music-ui.xml and
>           mythmusic/default-wide/music-ui.xml .
>
> The two solutions are basically the same; you're either playing with
> filenames or directory names. But maybe one or the other is easier to
> do in qmake. Either solution was/is beyond my qmake knowledge.

Rob,

Thanks for the original work ;)

The only experience I have with qmake is through perusing mythtv
source so I am no expert :)

I had a look at the mythtv/themes/themes.pro file and it has the
following lines:
  themes.path = $${PREFIX}/share/mythtv/themes/
  themes.files = blue defaultosd blueosd oldosd default default-wide
G.A.N.T. classic DVR

This includes whole directories in themes.file like default and
default-wide, so I think   creating the default and default-wide dirs
in the plugin dir would be OK (but I need to test this).

So in other words something like:
  mythmusic/default/music-ui.xml
  mythmusic/default/*.png
  mythmusic/default-wide/music-ui.xml
  mythmusic/default-wide/*.png

And in mythmusic.pro:
  uifiles.path = $${PREFIX}/share/mythtv/themes
  uifiles.files = default default-wide

I think the above approach separates the theme files from the
compilable source and the origin of the installed files would be
clear.

Cheers,

Roo.