[mythtv] HD-Homerun not scanning, where to look?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 8 23:02:14 UTC 2007

Quoting Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net>:

>> Hmm... I'll try that if I can.  I'm a little worried about the
>> database downref, but I'll just be sure to backup my database
>> first.  I'm ALSO worried a little because I have the HDHR and
>> my PCHD3k configured to use the same source (because they're
>> connected to the same cable and most likely can get the same
>> channels).  I assume the channel scanner will do the right thing
>> in this case and separate out the dtv multiplex information for
>> the HDHR vs. the pchd3k even when they're on the same sourceID?
>>
>> I probably wont have time to try this until this weekend, I'm
>> afraid.
>
> Assuming you are using the DVB drivers for the pcHDTV HD-3000
> card you can just scan using that and the HDHR will happily tune
> using the same tuning information. In the unlikely event that
> you are using the old v4l2 DTV driver for the HD-3000, then the
> two cards need to be connected to two different sources.

I am 90% sure I'm using the DVB drivers.  I've got Fedora 7 with
2.6.21 and the cards are at /dev/dvb/adapterN/...  Using the
cx-dvb driver.  Is that the DVB version?

I suppose I can try connecting it later and see if it tunes..  I'll
try that later when I'm not recording anything, just in case.

> -- Daniel

-derek