[mythtv] HD-Homerun not scanning, where to look?

David Shay david at shay.net
Tue Jun 5 21:59:16 UTC 2007

On 6/5/07, Dan Ritter <dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu> wrote:
> On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 09:54:20PM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > Quoting Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net>:

> > Oh really?  That will work?  My HDHR does have a static IP on my
> > network so I COULD do that...  Will Mythtv accept that?
>
> This is late, sorry -- but yes, MythTV will accept it, and it
> seems more reliable than any other method.
>
> -dsr-

No dice here.  At least on version .20.  I do get a log message that
it can't find the IP address, followed immediately by one that says it
can find it via "ffffffff".  I too have the latest firmware, no
trouble viewing it via Windows, no trouble using the linux
hdhomerun_config tool either.  Same symptom, though -- nothing shows
after a scan.

I started down the path of re-syncing the libhdhomerun code, but there
were quite a few changes, and they seem fairly "cosmetic" -- I don't
think they fundamentally alter the way the device actually works, but
I haven't finished yet.

Haven't taken the SVN or channel-scan-branch plunge yet, but doesn't
seem like SVN will buy me much right now.