[mythtv] OpenGL vsync issues

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Mon Jun 4 12:55:29 UTC 2007

On Monday 04 June 2007 13:29:08 Matt Doran wrote:
> > As I've gone over a few times on the users list recently, the
> > retrace-syncing methods require that your display's framerate be pretty
> > close to a multiple of the video's framerate.  So watching a 25 Hz PAL
> > recording on a 60 Hz display is unlikely to be good.
> >

> It is, I'm watching PAL 25Hz with a 50Hz refresh rate.

Are you outputting to a TV? Is that an interlaced modeline? Something like the
following:
Modeline "720x576" 12.85 720 752 800 832 576 589 592 605 -hsync -hsync
interlace

I experience no such issues with progressive DVDs, yet I have both bob and
and OpenGL vsync enabled.

I actually only need bob enabled for stuff recorded from my PVR 150. For DVDs
and DVB recordings it's not needed and I have noticed that the picture
quality drops a small amount on DVB and DVD when I have bob enabled.
--
Stuart Morgan