[mythtv] DVB-C and MythTV

Rudy Zijlstra mythtv at grumpydevil.homelinux.org
Sat Jun 2 11:51:42 UTC 2007

Christiaan van Dijk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been working on a MythTV box with a DVB-C card and ran into some
> problems. I solved quite some issues and would like to share these here.
>
> A known problem with DVB-C are the network IDs. In a normal DVB
> situation there's only one main network ID in the NIT which describes
> the used network. In DVB-C however the network ID needs to be entered
> manually and is not even located in the NIT but in NITo. I've seen
> some discussion on how to deal with this since it's not really DVB
> standard and solutions are mainly dirty hacks which only pollute the
> code. I tried a solution which is a bit in between (to my opinion :-)
> ), this solution makes it possible to give a network ID in the
> configuration script which is compiled into the code, if not defined
> (default) the code stays in it's original state. There is some code
> pollution with the conditional defines but I tried to keep it to a
> minimum.
> To use a fixed network ID simply add the option --dvb-net-id=1111 to
> the configuration script (for network ID 1111).

Do not know the code in question, but do know one other thing to keep in
mind. All @home networks use the same original_networkID.  And it is the
original_networkID that is stored in the netwrokid column of dtv_multiplex.

I am not aware of any place where the network_id is stored!

Hope you covered this as well.

Rudy