[mythtv] MythWeb flash and ffmpeg

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jun 1 12:06:40 UTC 2007

On 06/01/2007 04:59 AM, Simon Kenyon wrote:
> when does the ffmpeg command stop?

When it reaches the end of the recording.  So, if you're doing a "Live"
recording, it will finish up as soon as the transcode catches up to
real-time.  If you're doing a 1-hour recording and watch only 5 minutes,
it will still transcode the rest of the show.

> i displayed a few minutes of video while at work but i noticed that even
> when i moved off the page the ffmpeg was still running on my backend.
> i suspect that it will keep going until it gets to the end of the
> recording. is that correct?

Yep.

> by the way, this is extremely cool. will it work on an in-flight
> recording? that way i can stream content to wherever i am in the world.
> like a rich man's slingbox

Sure.  But you'll have to keep trying when it catches up to real-time.

There are various plans in the works for changes to Myth which would
allow things to work differently, but the MythWeb Flash video is still
very new.

Mike