[mythtv] EITScanner.cpp log verbosity

James Fidell james at fidell.co.uk
Tue Jul 31 10:31:57 UTC 2007

Nick Morrott wrote:
> I've noticed on my slave backend (1 DVB-T card) that its log output
> (default important/general logging) is full of EIT messages regarding
> which channel the EIT scanner is using, and whether any EIT events
> have been inserted (messages from EITScanner.cpp). There is a smaller
> concentration of these messages of my master backend, but with 3 DVB-T
> cards itself, there are still plenty of messages overall.

Out of interest, do you have all three cards doing EIT scanning?  My
backend server has three DVB-T cards in and I've just enabled EIT
scanning on one card (it receives everything that the other cards
do).  Is there any advantage to scanning with more than one card?
Disadvantage (other than a log full of EIT messages)?

James