[mythtv] RFC on proposed scheduler patch re: hdtv dups

David Shay david at shay.net
Sat Jul 28 05:40:17 UTC 2007

I would like some quick comments on acceptability and/or direction
before I go much further with some code work.

I would like to add an additional check into the scheduler so that it
would consider the hdtv flag.  Basically, I would like to be able to
record both the standard-def and high-def versions of a program and
not have them considered dups.  Yes, I know you can transcode them
down, but if you have enough tuners, why not record both, and the
networks have already done the appropriate pan/scan and format
conversion for you...

Anyway, here were the basic thoughts:

* Add an additional flag to the scheduled recording class for duphdtv,
add options on recording screen for ignore hdtv/quality or consider
hdtv/quality.
* Add hdtv flag to oldrecorded table.  Set existing entries to null in
dbcheck.cpp
* Add logic in scheduler.cpp to do additional checks based on duphdtv setting

Thoughts?