[mythtv] Qt 3.1 still supported?

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Wed Jul 25 23:34:59 UTC 2007

On Thursday 26 July 2007 00:37:57 Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 00:28 +0200, Janne Grunau wrote:
> > On Thursday 26 July 2007 00:00:21 Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> > >
> > > If I remember correctly, a long long QString .arg()
> > > will prevent you from compiling with Qt 3.1.
> >
> > Yes, you're right I checked before committing. But according to
> > http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-3.html qt 3.3 is required.
> > I can revert we want to support qt 3.1. qt 3.3 was released over 3
> > years ago.
>
> I thought we were still supporting 3.1, if we've switched to
> 3.3 already then the change should stay. It looks like debian
> stable is at 3.3.3 already, and debian stable is usually one
> of the last to upgrade.
>
> But I would feel more comfortable about it if someone can
> reference a post saying we have switched or Isaac pipes up...

I haven't found such a post. The requirred qt version changed in
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/9225 to qt 3.2 as indicated in
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1363 and in
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/11588 to 3.3.
I find it a little bit strange that the online docs are from trunk.

> There are a few benefits to 3.3, like 64 bit int support,
> that would be nice to be able to depend on.

The 64 bit ints were already added in qt 3.2 so the change is safe and
should stay.

Janne