[mythtv] Qt 3.1 still supported?

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Jul 25 22:37:57 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 00:28 +0200, Janne Grunau wrote:
> On Thursday 26 July 2007 00:00:21 Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> > On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 21:53 +0000, mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
> > >       Author: janne
> > >         Date: 2007-07-25 21:53:11 +0000 (Wed, 25 Jul 2007)
> > > New Revision: 14050
> > >    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/14050
> > >
> > > Modified:
> > >
> > >    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/avformatdecoder.cpp
> > >    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/tv_rec.cpp
> > >
> > > Log:
> > >
> > > remove a bogus cast to int for file positions in debug output
> > > fix typo in doxygen comment
> >
> > If I remember correctly, a long long QString .arg()
> > will prevent you from compiling with Qt 3.1.
>
> Yes, you're right I checked before committing. But according to
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-3.html qt 3.3 is required.
> I can revert we want to support qt 3.1. qt 3.3 was released over 3 years
> ago.

I thought we were still supporting 3.1, if we've switched to
3.3 already then the change should stay. It looks like debian
stable is at 3.3.3 already, and debian stable is usually one
of the last to upgrade.

But I would feel more comfortable about it if someone can
reference a post saying we have switched or Isaac pipes up...

There are a few benefits to 3.3, like 64 bit int support,
that would be nice to be able to depend on.

-- Daniel