[mythtv] (How) does allow re-record work?

David Engel david at istwok.net
Wed Jul 25 15:29:10 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 09:57:38PM -0400, Tony Lill wrote:
> >> I'm thinking now that if I can clear the duplicate flag in BOTH the
> >> recorded and oldrecorded tables, it would do what I want. Should I
> >> call ForgetHistory to deal with the oldrecorded table (since it does
> >> some extra cleanup)?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> This seems to work with record any rules, but not with find daily
> and/or episode limited rules. I still need to figure out why. They
> show up in mythweb as previously recorded, so it's hiding the current
> recording from the scheduler, but they're not being re-recorded.

Find rules have an additional check.  If a matching entry exists in
the oldfind table, the program is considered a duplicate regarless of
the duplicate setting in recorded and oldrecorded.  oldfind is an
imperfect optimization to avoid greatly increasing the time needed for
the big scheduler query.

> How do you get the commercial flagger to log stuff? It's turned on in
> mythbackend, and the comflagger is being invoked with -V
> somebignumber, but I'm not seeing any output.

I'll defer to Chris Pinkham on this.

> Where are the find one rules removed?

In the housekeeping that is typically done daily.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net