[mythtv] (How) does allow re-record work?

Tony Lill ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca
Wed Jul 25 02:01:38 UTC 2007

Jake <jakeisawake at gmail.com> writes:

>> Any ideas on a means to allow a currently recorded program to
>> re-record without doing a delete?
>

> just my curiousity getting the better of me but why would you ever
> want to re-record something  that isn't deleted or auto-expired?

I've modified the commercial flagger to detect programs with long
blank stretches, and (hopefully) long frozen stretches. It's also not
infeasable to detect programs with lots of static.

You don't want to automatically delete these recordings, since you may
not have another opportunity to record them.
--
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill at AJLC.Waterloo.ON.CA
President, A. J. Lill Consultants        fax/data (519) 650 3571

Understatement of the century:
"Hello everybody out there using minix - I'm doing a (free) operating
 system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for
 386(486) AT clones"

	- Linus Torvalds, August 1991