[mythtv] (How) does allow re-record work?

Tony Lill ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca
Wed Jul 25 01:57:38 UTC 2007

David Engel <david at istwok.net> writes:

> On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 04:59:03PM -0400, Tony Lill wrote:
>> The "allow re-record" button in the "Previous Recorded" menu clears
>> the duplicate flag in the old recorded table by calling ForgetHistory,
>> which makes the scheduler ignore that entry when joining for duplicates.
>>
>> The thing is that this button appears on all current recordings, and
>> pressing this button seems to do SFA unless it's on an episode that is
>                                    ???

sweet f**k all. With the recorded entry still there with the duplicate
flag == 1, nothing happens until the recording is delete. That's why I
asked about adding clearing that flag in ForgetHistory.

>> currently on. Although I suppose that, once I delete the recording, it
>> will re-record then. Probably this button should be removed or made to
>> function correctly in these cases.
>>
>> Any ideas on a means to allow a currently recorded program to
>> re-record without doing a delete?
>
> Using a find one showing rule with duplicate checking turned off might
> work.  Using a single record or override record for future showing
> that appears in the guide will work.  If you don't mind changing the
> database directly, you can set recorded.duplicate to 0.

I was thinking progamatically. I've modified the commercial flagger to
recognize recordings with long blank stretches (tested and working) or
long frozen stretches and do "something". Just working on the
something bit.

>> I'm thinking now that if I can clear the duplicate flag in BOTH the
>> recorded and oldrecorded tables, it would do what I want. Should I
>> call ForgetHistory to deal with the oldrecorded table (since it does
>> some extra cleanup)?
>
> Yes.

This seems to work with record any rules, but not with find daily
and/or episode limited rules. I still need to figure out why. They
show up in mythweb as previously recorded, so it's hiding the current
recording from the scheduler, but they're not being re-recorded.

>> Conversly, should ForgetHistory clear the
>> duplicate flag in the recorded table. That should make the "allow
>> re-record" to work.
>
> Perhaps.  You could also add a menu item only available from the watch
> recording screen to clear recorded.duplicate.

I was asking as a way to make the allow re-record button button in the
previous recording menu work, but you're right, once this is working,
it would be useful in the watch recording menu too.

A couple of other questions:

How do you get the commercial flagger to log stuff? It's turned on in
mythbackend, and the comflagger is being invoked with -V
somebignumber, but I'm not seeing any output.

Where are the find one rules removed?

--
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill at AJLC.Waterloo.ON.CA
President, A. J. Lill Consultants        fax/data (519) 650 3571

Understatement of the century:
"Hello everybody out there using minix - I'm doing a (free) operating
 system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for
 386(486) AT clones"

	- Linus Torvalds, August 1991