[mythtv] Which table stores pending/scheduled recordings

David Engel david at istwok.net
Tue Jul 24 19:43:56 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 01:24:00PM -0500, Maclaren, James M  wrote:
> 1.	I have used the myth protocol to talk to the backend to look at
> upcoming recordings but wondered what is the difference between
> query_pending and query_scheduled options?  I had hoped to query
> mythconverg but couldn't find the right table.

QUERY_GETALLPENDING gets the list of programs the scheduler knows
about.  It includes when they are being shown and whether or not they
will be recorded.  It's essentially the information provided in the
"Upcoming Recordings" screen.

QUERY_GETALLSCHEDULED gets the list of recording rules.  It's
essentially the information provided in the "Set Priorities" screen.

Yes, the names are confusing.

> 2.	If I use query_pending the list looks right, but I can't figure
> out which mysql table it corresponds to.  The table record does not seem
> to include all those listed as pending.  Can I get this list from a
> mysql table?  It would seem that the recording status that shows if it
> was an earlier show or cancelled, or recorded previously is only
> available from a call to the backend, is this right?

You can't get that information directly from any table.  The result is
a join of several tables followed by the algoritmic processing done in
the scheduler.  The only way to get that information currently is via
the Myth protocol.

> 3.	Which table do I write new information into if I choose a
> program that I want recorded.  Is it record?

Yes, record is the table to use.  When done, you'll need to send a
reschedule request via the Myth protocol.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net