[mythtv] MythMusic - TagLib problem

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Wed Jul 18 13:21:30 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 18 July 2007 13:54:07 Johan Venter wrote:
> Nothing else seems to have trouble reading the tags on the same files
> (all my varied Windows mp3 players as well as mplayer and mpg123). Nor
> did I have any trouble using the Perl bindings for TagLib to recreate
> the exact scenario above without issue.

So you mean that using the perl bindings, taglib has no problems?

There are a couple of test programs (tagreader & framelist) distributed with
the taglib source in the examples directory. I'd be interested to know if
those were working or not, but they can be fiddly to compile unless you know
your way around automake.

There is a known issue with cifs/samba and taglib in mythmusic. Are these
files on a smb mounted drive?

What version are your id3 tags? It shouldn't matter but the more information I
have the better I can understand what is going wrong.
--
Stuart Morgan