[mythtv] New icons commited today

David Shay david at shay.net
Tue Jul 17 03:13:10 UTC 2007

On 7/16/07, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 01:31:48AM +0100, Justin Hornsby wrote:
> > I know we can't use 'official' DD & dolby logos without the right
> > permission - that sucks to a certain extent but what can we do about
> > it?  Not much.
>
> That may not be true.  If you're *identifying* a mode of *licensed
> hardware* that's implementing the DD processing, you're probably
> covered.  Enough.
>
> IANAL.  HTH.  HAND.  :-)

Actually, there's a whole document on that site specifically about
usage on program guides:

http://www.dolby.com/assets/pdf/tech_library/16_EPG_softwareDevGuide.pdf

It appears that you can get a "no cost Trademark and Standardization
Agreement" for this specific kind of usage.  Not sure if they would
grant MythTV such a thing, but I don't see why not.