[mythtv] New icons commited today

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 00:15:40 UTC 2007

Just a quick question of clarification.  I know that Stuart and Justin
are working together on some new icon functionality and design.  I was
just checking them out and noticed that "stereo" and "dd" are the same
icon.

I did a little googling, and couldn't really find anything that was
representative of a "standard" stereo icon set.  I think the existing
one works OK for that (still isn't obvious without perhaps cheating
with the help page).  However, there are obviously Dolby Digital logos
out there that are standard.  I did a little looking, and it might be
more trouble than it's worth trying to get the proper permission to
use an official logo:
http://www.dolby.com/professional/licensing_trademark/usage_artwork.html

Looks like the categories that Stuart committed are:
    AUD_UNKNOWN       = 0,
    AUD_STEREO        = 1,
    AUD_MONO          = 2,
    AUD_SURROUND      = 3,
    AUD_DOLBY         = 4

I'm not sure what qualifies as "surround" that would be broadcast, any
ideas?  Can they broadcast DTS and other non-Dolby surround types?

Either way, I really like these features, so thanks for working on
them.  I'm going to look around and see if I can find any "open" logos
that might better represent surround, stereo, and Dolby.  The stereo
one isn't half bad, but... can't hurt to look.

Thanks!
Matt