[mythtv] Listings concept idea

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri Jul 13 07:50:34 UTC 2007

Brad Templeton wrote:
> My hope is that a small business springs up that resells the listings
> from an appropriately licenced party at a low fee of around $10/year

Unfortunately, the cost of providing data at that price would require a
user base MUCH larger than that of just MythTV.  TMS charges an arm and
a leg for their data, and there really isn't another source that offers
anything comparable.  And just to add a screw to the whole thing, did
you know that individual TV stations license their OWN data back from
TMS for various functions like web display and programming the EIT data?

Easy TV Data will do our best to keep the costs as low as possible for
users, and there's no one stopping other companies from springing up to
do the same (although at this point, a little competition might kill
both companies).

-Chris

P.S. We're still looking for a lawyer, if you know of anyone in your
circle of friends who knows contract and/or nonprofit law.