[mythtv] Question to awithers about mythvideo title sorting

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Thu Jul 12 23:24:16 UTC 2007

> Thanks I appreciate you taking the time to dig up all that info.

His research is always much better than anything I'd come up with.

> May be the easiest solution would be to add 10 spaces or '!' characters in
> between the title and filename.  I think that this should fix my sorting
> problem, but also retain the unique key generation.  This would be a
> straight forward patch.
>
> Anduin what do you think?

I could do that, though spaces are the better fill character (as the real
intention is to have the compare scan a little further into a potential
title). Using your example, with ! as filter, it will eventually compare ' '
and '!', space wins, you have movie 2, movie 3, movie.

The current code is the result of me trying not to touch the DB when making
my initial updates pre 0.20. I agree that something like #1678 is the only
way to make everyone happy but even that has drawbacks (I'll admit many of
them are for me).

--
Anduin Withers