[mythtv] MythTV Multirec Branch...

Simon Levitt maillists at whattf.com
Thu Jul 12 14:14:50 UTC 2007

On Monday 09 July 2007 17:20, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> EIT scanning is not yet supported in the branch, Janne has
> a patch for this. I forgot this one in my list of known
> problems...

I noticed Janne's commit regarding EIT, so gave it another go last night.

Once I'd worked out that enabling quick tuning wasn't working at all (BTW:
What is that for?), I've got on really well.

I managed to record 10 concurrent programs (across my 3 tuners - my multiplex
knowledge failed me in being able to use the maximum of 12 I'd configured)
whilst watching an 11th - Excellent work... Many thanks.

For the most part my box now successfully shuts down - It wouldn't after doing
the above test, but I hadn't got the right logging levels turned on to see if
EIT was active.

It certainly wasn't still up this morning which means the daily startup to get
scheduling data from radiotimes.com had worked and then successfully shut
itself down.

For now I'm going to keep running on the multirec branch.

Oh, on clearing down and recreating my capture card configuration It seems
that for the first card it artifically increases the number of concurrent
recordings by one - I wanted 4, and it ended up configuring 5 (which I
lowered afterwards before creating the 2nd, leaving me with 1-4, 6-9, &
10-13; ie. missing 5)

I believe you said you all were working through the LiveTV issues - I assume
that having to 'Y' through the virtual tuners to get to the next physical
card is something you know about.

Once again, good work, and thanks,

Simon.,