[mythtv] Proposed Change to MythMusic

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Thu Jul 12 08:43:49 UTC 2007

> On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 17:37 -0500, Kris Raney wrote:
>> For example, I might create a playlist called 'Mellow', and start it
>> playing. Any time a song came on I thought didn't fit the mood, I'd
>> push a button and drop it off the playlist (not just skip it.) Over
>> time, the list would become correct. Of course, if I have to hunt
>> around menus to get it off the playlist, this technique becomes too
>> annoying to be useful. It should just be a button, or maybe a 2 button
>> sequence to avoid accidental removals.
>>
>> A bonus would be the ability to remove an entire album at once, in
>> response to a single song from that album.
>
> I would propose that when a song is selected by pressing enter a menu pops
> up instead of playing that song immediately.
> If the selected song is not on a playlist, then the menu options are
> "Listen Now", "Add to end of playlist", "Add as next song in playlist".
> If the current song is in a playlist then the options can be "Listen Now",
> "Remove song from playlist" and "Remove this album from playlist".
>
> If I can find the time I'll try doing this tonight.

I'll certainly test anything along those lines that you come up with. The
current setup has an almost zero WAF due to having to remember to press
'3' to get into the playlist editor and the 'all music' selection is a
left-up-right key sequence to even get to the top of the tree. The tree
could do with expanding as well into say 2 letters per line or maybe based
on the number of albums/tracks in each 'pigeon hole'?

--
Robin Gilks