[mythtv] Proposed Change to MythMusic

Daniel Burr dburr at veritel.com.au
Wed Jul 11 22:53:29 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 17:37 -0500, Kris Raney wrote:
> For example, I might create a playlist called 'Mellow', and start it
> playing. Any time a song came on I thought didn't fit the mood, I'd
> push a button and drop it off the playlist (not just skip it.) Over
> time, the list would become correct. Of course, if I have to hunt
> around menus to get it off the playlist, this technique becomes too
> annoying to be useful. It should just be a button, or maybe a 2 button
> sequence to avoid accidental removals.
>
> A bonus would be the ability to remove an entire album at once, in
> response to a single song from that album.

I would propose that when a song is selected by pressing enter a menu pops up instead of playing that song immediately.
If the selected song is not on a playlist, then the menu options are "Listen Now", "Add to end of playlist", "Add as next song in playlist".
If the current song is in a playlist then the options can be "Listen Now", "Remove song from playlist" and "Remove this album from playlist".

If I can find the time I'll try doing this tonight.

DB