[mythtv] MythMusic Redux Proposals WAS: Proposed Change to MythMusic

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 18:04:28 UTC 2007

On 7/11/07, Justin Hornsby <justin.hornsby at gmail.com> wrote:
> The big problem here is the assumption that HDTVs can display much
> more readable information than an SDTV.  This isn't necessarily the
> case.  They're _wider_, sure - but that doesn't amount to much more
> information onscreen that a user will be able to make out from where
> they sit.
>
> Will all that 8pt text still be legible from where the user sits?  The
> problem isn't so much one of screen space - more how it's used.
>
> When I started off on this tangent I didn't intend to start some kind
> of free-for-all - I was just pointing out that for all the 'mythmusic
> needs improving' comments, nobody had actually offerred anything
> concrete to suggest how it might be betterred.
>
> I fear this discussion will degenerate into the mess that was the
> 'mythtv.org redesign' thread, picking apart every last nit.

well, yes, and in the end whomever does the redesign will have final
say, but what this does is give that person something to work towards.

as for HD, I agree it doesn't guarantee more that the space will be
visable, but considering most HDTV's are larger, in the 42+ range,
having an SD and an HD version will let the person choose. But I know
on my 50" 1080p screen I can fit a lot more information and still have
it visible at my siting distance. Like you say, its about how its
used, and It would be great to be able to take advantage of smaller
text if I can.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!