[mythtv] coreavc patch for mythtv on amd64 architecture

Alan Nisota alannisota at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 21:49:22 UTC 2007

Markus Frahm wrote:
> Hi, i cannot compile libdshowloader on an amd64 architecture. Is this not
> possible? I would like to have coreavc support to be able to see HDTV (H264
> PAFF) content.
> I think it has something to do with an old wine version (and therfore old
> includes, which are not supporting x64 architecture) which you are using in
> this patch. Am I right?

I do not think this will ever be possible.  The main problem is that
libdshowloader comes from mplayer, and mplayer does not support either
64bit codecs (not that there is one for CoreAVC) or running 32bit codecs
from a 64bit platform.

since ffh264 is not fast enough to decode many HD h.264 streams on even
the fastest hardware (it is both slower than CoreAVC and does not allow
parallelization across multiple CPUs), your only options are to use an
ia32 distribution, or chroot mythtv into a 32bit env.

If mplayer ever gets the requisite support, I would look into adding it
to libdshowloader, but it is not something I'm planning on implementing
myself.