[mythtv] mtd: libdvdread vs libdvdnav

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Wed Jul 4 19:36:22 UTC 2007

> Err, could you not just play it from the DVD? I fail to understand why you
> would bother to rip a rented DVD just to play it, then delete it
> afterwards.

Since Myth wouldn't play a set of DVDs I bought recently, I had to rip
them on a Windows box just to watch what I'd just bought.

This is after sending the set back to Amazon twice due to a "faulty" disk
that wouldn't play. Well I'd never heard of RipGuard or whatever it is, so
how was I to know it was a deficiency of the MythTV code...

--
Robin Gilks