[mythtv] Housekeeping randomisation (was: Patch nudge...)

Tue Jan 30 23:47:51 UTC 2007

>>> If you can get some other people to test the thing that would be
>>> good.
>
>> Sounds like a plan.  I've posted on the Aus guide mailing list asking
>> for testers.
>
> Thanks.  When you hear something, just post back here, I'll see it
> if it's
> posted to the -dev list.

okie.

>> Here is my log if that helps:
>
> So from the logs, it looks like the earliest it ran was 14:03 and
> the latest was 16:18.  Out of curiousity, what are your min/max
> hour values set at?

2pm and 4pm (14 and 16).  Yes, the times are inclusive (which is true
at the moment too).  A previous version of the patch made them
exclusive as well as randomising, but people complained so I removed
those parts of the patch.

Hrm.  Maybe I should add a bounds check on that range.  It wouldn't
have mattered before, but if someone has ludicrous values in there
they could have a problem with the new code.  I've just added a new
patch to the ticket to fix that - it compiles but is otherwise untested.

Be well,

Will       :-}