[mythtv] Scheduler needs table keys?

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Tue Jan 30 02:49:29 UTC 2007

    > Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:20:46 -0800
    > From: Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com>

    > Chris Pinkham wrote:
    > > This could probably be solved another way by either not populating
    > > oldrecorded for these type shows, populating it with a special flag
    > > telling the scheduler to not match for dups, or performing the dup
    > > check against recorded at a point outside the main SQL query.

    > Or flagging currently recorded in the oldrecorded table.

While we're talking about maybe adding columns to oldrecorded, I have
what I'm hoping is a trivial request:

Can we please please add the contents of program.syndicatedepisodenumber
and recorded.originalairdate to each new row created in oldrecorded?

I've currently got some -very- klugy approaches to this, but having
the two rows in that table and having it get added by Myth itself,
the instant it gets created, would be much better than adding it
after-the-fact ('cause I'm trying not to locally patch my version)
and hence adding my own columns & populating them is, uh, suboptimal).

The former (program.SEN) vanishes the day after the program airs, or
a week after if --no-delete works (I can't get my 0.18.1 mfdb to honor
that switch, but that's another issue).  The latter (recorded.OAD)
vanishes once the recording has been deleted.  But having this data
around permanently (e.g., to be able to check for gaps that got missed
'cause they weren't aired or recorded, or [in my case] because the
recordings got archived somewhere else, etc, and the data is being
used for research), would be -very- useful, and I can see lots of neat
little user tools that might be able to make use of the data, if only
it were preserved.

The scheduler need know nothing about these extra columns, of course,
and they'd take negligible extra space.  But if we've already -got-
oldrecorded and it's storing -big- things like program descriptions,
storing syndicated episode numbers and original airdates would be a
really nice bit of extra data that could have a large payoff compared
to the tiny cost.

Thanks!

(I can probably try to make a more coherent case for this if someone
wants one.  Note that I haven't checked SVN, but I'd doubt if these
are there; they're certainly not present in the code for 0.20.  If I
were to try to write a patch for this, I can't test it 'cause I'm not
running SVN, and all this is obviously about to get massively changed
around and any patch I made would have merging issues.  Thus, I'm
asking now and hoping someone already hip-deep in the scheduler issue
can just add this with five minutes' thought.  Thanks again.)