[mythtv] Scheduler needs table keys?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Tue Jan 30 00:49:35 UTC 2007

Chris Pinkham wrote:
> You have a better handle on this than I do and from your
> descriptions, it sounds like there are a lot of other ways to
> accomplish what I was describing without having to hit the
> recorded table, so I'm happy.  It will be a few years before
> little Olivia can handle the remote anyway...  :)

So, what have we learned today:

- The scheduler can and should run without querying the
recorded table.

- Much to my surprise, at least three people use '...current
recordings only' to auto allow re-record. While this could
be done by clicking the button that expresses their intent
rather than the one that doesn't, because some people do use
this, this current functionality should not go away.

- The option for '...current and previous recordings' serves
no purpose, is redundant and can go against the users intent
yet this is the default. This should go away.

- '...previous recordings only' should be the default.

- Adding a 'current' flag to the oldrecorded table would allow
'...current recordings only' to work without having to JOIN on
the recorded table.

- A 'current' flag would allow setting reclist items to have
a status of rsCurrentRecording without querying the recorded
table and without even having to choose 'current recordings'
as a dupin option. This piece of information would be available
even if it wasn't needed for dup checks. This would also allow
the Previously Recorded page to show Current Recording status.

--  bjm