[mythtv] Scheduler needs table keys?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Jan 29 17:44:42 UTC 2007

* On Sun Jan 28, 2007 at 11:01:57PM -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
> "Yes, and allow re-record" would have the identical behavior.
> It would not duplicate an existing file but would allow the
> same episode to record again any time after it was deleted.

Allow Re-record doesn't prevent 5 copies of the same episode
from being recorded at different times.   If the Simpsons comes
on 10 times a day but there are only 2 unique episodes, I'd
end up with 10 recordings in my recorded table, 80% of which are
duplicates.  I'm not saying keep the recorded table check, just
saying it does have a (minor) use.

My other reply about the interaction between the scheduler,
recorder, and now PlaybackBox is more of a reason to get rid
of this undesired interaction, so I'm fine with getting rid
of it anytime.

--
Chris