[mythtv] qt slow

Wilhelm Eger Wilhelm.Eger at uni-jena.de
Mon Jan 29 11:57:50 UTC 2007

Hi there,

in a previous post I wrote about the slow menus in mythtv with the qt-painter.
This affects only the menus with borders etc. which are mainly found in the
configuration section. The behavior is like this: First of all all boxes and
borders are drawn. Because it is slow, you can see the boxes etc. appearing
from top to bottom. Then the fonts are drawn from bottom to top and after that
all shadows appear from top to bottom. This needs about three seconds.

I thought it relies on my PVR 350 TV out or on the xdriver. But now I've tested
an old graphic card (Avance Logic ALG 2303), which shows exactly the same
behavior. Now I think, this must be a Mythtv_qt_mysql thing.

What else could I do? Are there any other mailing lists, forums etc. to bring
this  information to developers?

My system is: Recent Gentoo, SVN head mythtv, qt 3.3.6-r5, mysql 5.0.26-r2.

Greetings,

Wilhelm