[mythtv] Patch nudge...

Mon Jan 29 05:51:46 UTC 2007

> On 01/27/2007 05:28 PM, William Uther wrote:
>>    I'm just writing to ask again if someone could commit the patch in
>> ticket #2194 (randomising when MythFillDatabase gets called).  A few
>> times committers have mentioned that it seems like a good idea, and
>> there have been no objections to the recent versions of the patch,
>> but it never seems to actually get committed.  So this is another
>> little nudge :)
> Didn't Chris Pinkham say he was planning to do just that after your
> last
> nudge 10 days ago?
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/247307#247307

Well, Chris said he was thinking about it.  And I thanked him,
expecting it to be applied soon.  Then I waited a week and a half,
and it wasn't applied.  So I nudged again.

I'm never quite sure how much noise to make over these things.  I
don't want to be annoying, but my prior experience has been that if
nothing happens in a week then it has been forgotten (or moved low
enough down the TODO list that it will never surface again).  Hence
my polite pings.

If there is a reason for the delay in applying the patch, then I'm
happy to delay my nudges.  But at this point, all that needs to
happen is a patch gets applied.  If it is being tested for a while,
that's great (although I've been running it for quite a while now).
A short "I'm testing it and it will be applied soon" would mean I
could relax the shepherding for a bit.

In short, I don't want to be annoying, but if squeaking is the
accepted method of getting grease, then I'll squeak. :)  I'm trying
to only squeak about one patch at a time - unless other patches on my
squeak queue come up by themselves.

Be well,

Will       :-}