[mythtv] recordedmarkup - mark field question

Michael Drons mdrons at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 29 04:49:07 UTC 2007

I am trying to understand the mark field in the
recordedmarkup table.  How is the value determined
when setting a bookmark?  Is there a protocol message
from the frontent to the backend on the position, if
it is a position?  I dont see any in my logs or
looking through the source.

I am working on mvpmc frontends and want to get the
bookmark to work.  In sending the SET_BOOKMARK command
I am confused on the last field, which I believe to be
the mark field in the database.  Any help/pointer in
the right direction.

Thank you, Mike