[mythtv] Lockup on Mac OS X wake from sleep

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Mon Jan 29 03:26:08 UTC 2007

On 12/01/2007, at 4:04 AM, Dan Wilga wrote:
> I confirmed that the lockup doesn't happen until something in MFE
> needs to use the network.

OK. I have been able to partially reproduce
on a wired connection (using an old switch
that takes 50sec to start, um, switching).

One time, the pizza wheel was there for ages,
but it eventually went away and the recording
screen came up.

Another, it complained about not being able to
contact the BackEnd, and I had to quit it.

I have not been able to create a permanent hang.

> Perhaps it has something to do with my wireless router?

Yes. Some wireless connections need serious
resetting after a few hours. In my PowerBook,
I have had to change Network Location from
Wireless to Wired, and back, to get Wireless
working again. But that is very rare.

I would advise having a ping command, to the backend,
ready to run in a Terminal another window.
When you wake up, Alt-Tab or mouse into it and hit return.
See how long it is until you can ping the BE.

After that, try entering the recordings screen
and see if all is well?

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|  4  8
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | 15 16