[mythtv] Scheduler needs table keys?

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Jan 29 03:20:15 UTC 2007

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:

> One other issue (which I've mentioned before, but which bears
> repeating) is that this might hit ivtv users harder (or perhaps
> -only-), since I'm not sure if other capture cards also write into
> recorded markup the same way or handle their buffering in the same
> way.  So people w/different hardware might never notice that their
> scheduler queries are taking 15-30s because the delay isn't affecting
> their recordings.  I sure never paid much attention until I realized
> that every scheduler run had a pretty high chance of causing lots of
> dropped frames in any in-progress recording, but once I noticed, I was
> cooked---nothing I could do fixed it.  And any time a recording ends,
> or a deletion happens, the scheduler runs...  And since I always have
> hard rollin/out of a minute or two on every recording to compensate
> for clock skew between stations, this means that almost -every-
> recording has a chance of having a big glitch a minute or two into
> it as some other recording ends at :01 or :02, etc.  Yuck.

I was not aware that the scheduler ran at the end of every recording,
but I have been plagued recently with blotchy, artifact full digital
recordings from my HD3000 tuner, but these problems do not last more
than about 3 minutes. Which time span was, until last week, the
supposedly soft, postroll I had on all recordings.
I took that off because it was creating 'conflicts', by effectively
denying that there was an available tuner (when the same tuner should
have commenced the new recording.) And yes, my PVR500 was also
recording...ivtv based.
Something wrong?

Geoff