[mythtv] Scheduler needs table keys?

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Mon Jan 29 02:17:49 UTC 2007

    > Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:10:54 -0500
    > From: Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org>

    > * On Sun Jan 28, 2007 at 01:15:39AM -0500, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
    > >> From: Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org>

    > >> So from this quick test, you can see how drastic the differences can be
    > >> in different people's scheduler runtimes based solely on their types of
    > >> scheduled recordings and the number of each.

    > > Yes.  But we should still fix the underlying bug.  We shouldn't expect
    > > people to have to do mental gymnastics and laborious performance testing
    > > just to avoid glitches in their recordings.  (And some of my glitches
    > > are quite long---several seconds, which is plenty to miss, say, the
    > > setup or punchline to a joke.)

    > I wasn't saying anything about a bug, just showing why some people's
    > scheduler runs take less than one second while others take 20-30 seconds.

Err, I think I was unclear---the "bug" I was talking about was letting
scheduler queries get in the way of emptying video buffers.  (E.g., I
wasn't saying that 20-30s queries were a bug.  While faster is always
better, I don't have a problem with long scheduler queries as long as
they don't hang captures.)

So I think we're in agreement here... :)