[mythtv] Scheduler needs table keys?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Jan 28 22:10:54 UTC 2007

* On Sun Jan 28, 2007 at 01:15:39AM -0500, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
>> From: Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org>

>> So from this quick test, you can see how drastic the differences can be
>> in different people's scheduler runtimes based solely on their types of
>> scheduled recordings and the number of each.

> Yes.  But we should still fix the underlying bug.  We shouldn't expect
> people to have to do mental gymnastics and laborious performance testing
> just to avoid glitches in their recordings.  (And some of my glitches
> are quite long---several seconds, which is plenty to miss, say, the
> setup or punchline to a joke.)

I wasn't saying anything about a bug, just showing why some people's
scheduler runs take less than one second while others take 20-30 seconds.

I've already said that I agree with the concept of pushing the filesize
and seektable updates off to another thread, I mentioned that in the
thread that was talking about ticket #1660.  To clarify, I stated that
in another reply in this thread as well.  The ticket is currently
assigned to Daniel.  If he would like me to take it, I'd be happy to.
I'm the one that added filesize and the original recordedmarkup table
to Myth, so I'd be taking care of what I probably should have done
to begin with 4 years ago. :)

--
Chris