[mythtv] New hardware database?

Justin Moore justin at cs.duke.edu
Thu Jan 25 17:37:27 UTC 2007

[ Sent last night as non-list-member.  I subscribed and am resending. ]

Does anyone have a web hosting arrangement/setup where they can set up
an SQL database?  The current hardware database isn't too much use (or
wasn't for me, at least).  I'd be willing to pitch in to create a new
database and interface for creating/querying existing hardware
configurations.  The useful fields (IMHO) are

o CPU type (manufacturer, generation, speed) [ Choose 1 ]
o RAM (amount, speed) [ Choose 1 ]
o Mobo (manufacturer, chipset) [ Choose 1 ]
o Disk (manufacturer, size, interface) [ Choose 1+ ]
o Capture card(s) (manufacturer, type) [ Choose 1+ ]
o Video card (chipset, generation, interface, memory, onboard?) [ Choose 1]
o TV type (CRT, Projector, LCD, Plasma, DLP) [ Choose 1 ]
o Display resolution(s) (480[ip], 720p, 1080[ip]) [ Choose 1+ ]
o Video connector (VGA, Composite, DVI, DVI->HDMI) [ Choose 1 ]
o Audio setup (2.0, 5.1, 6.1, 7.1) [ Choose 1 ]
o Audio cable (RCA, coax, optical) [ Choose 1 ]

For example, I could spec a system as

o CPU = ( Intel, Core2Duo, 1.4 GHz)
o RAM = ( 1GB, DDR2/667)
o Mobo = ( Intel, DG965 )
o Disk = ( Seagate, 320GB, SATA )
o CapCard = ( Hauppage, PVR500 )
o VidCard = ( NVidia, 7100GS, PCI-e x16, 128MB, not_onboard )
o TV type = ( LCD )
o Resolutions = ( [all of the above] )
o VidConn = DVI->HDMI
o Audio setup = ( 7.1 )
o Audio cable = ( optical )

Comments?
-jdm

Department of Computer Science, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708-0129
Email:	justin at cs.duke.edu
Web:	http://www.cs.duke.edu/~justin/