[mythtv] EIT scanner crashes mythbackend

Matt Jarvis matt at mattandkirsty.org.uk
Mon Jan 22 11:12:53 UTC 2007

Hi

I upgraded to 20-fixes about a month ago, and everything has been working
perfectly, my server had 40 days uptime and no problems whatsoever. In the
last few days, as anyone in the UK knows, we have had extremely bad
weather, and since then the EIT scanner has now started crashing my
backend about 4 times a day, always after getting a 'pes packet but
!payload start' in the logs. I was also experiencing some problems with
the QMYSQL driver reporting errors due to duplicate entries. I've solved
this today by completely emptying the program table and letting the EIT
scanner re-fill it, but I'm still seeing the crashes after PES packets.
I've looked back through both lists and not seeing anyone reporting
similar problems in the UK in the last few days. Does anyone have any
ideas why this might have started happening ?

Thanks

Matt

believed to be clean.