[mythtv] Playing DVB-T recordings on PVR-350?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 21:01:46 UTC 2007

On 18/01/07, Søren Dalsgaard <soren at dalsgaards.dk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've found a posting claiming that a recording made with a DVB-T card cannot
> be played back on the tvout of a PVR-350. Is that right? Will it (ever) be
> fixed?
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-commits/2006-January/013234.html
>
> This was a year ago so perhaps things have changed? Can anybody confirm that
> this works / doesn't work before I start trying for myself?

Back in the 0.16 era this did work, and it's what I used to do before
I built a VGA->SCART cable - I had an ATI Rdaeon video card with
broken TV-out in the driver. Nowadays, I don't know because my PVR-350
is in a machine which uses a widescreen TFT.

Note that from the link you gave that it is possible to demux a TS
stream and preserve aspect ratio. However, DVB subtitles are somewhat
different to regular subtitling which is perhaps why the poster had
this particular problem.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: