[mythtv] Setting for mythbrowser default font size and screen scroll increment?

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 19:04:03 UTC 2007

On 1/18/07, Paul Harrison <mythtv at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
> Ross Campbell wrote:
> > I've started using mythbrowser a fair bit more recently via rss feeds
> >
> > 1) I want to be able to set the default font size and have it "stick".
>
> There is a setting on the MythBrowser Bookmark Settings page (Zoom [%])
> that you can change to set the default zoom level.

Thanks, I found that once I finished compiling svn last night and
decided to revisit all the option screens. One problem down... :)

> > 2) screen scrolling increment adjustment. I can use the arrow keys or
> > h/j/k/l to scroll around the screen, but the scroll increment is WAY
> > too small for me.
>
> Yep, I agree that's something that annoys me also. You can use page
> up/down but that tends to scroll too much. Unfortunately I think the
> scroll amount is controlled by the browser widget not by MythBrowser.
> I've added it to my todo list as something to take a look at :-)

Cool. There are a few options in settings that looked somewhat related
but didn't address my wishes - a checkbox for scroll screen or
something - I presume this enables the arrow keys, and a
increment/decrement number box for screen scroll that doesn't go
higher than 16 and didn't produce any noticeable change for me.

With the keyboard, PgUp / PgDn do the scrolling trick. Tab to links,
and Enter to jump work well.

With my remote (trained from an IR keyboard), I have no PgUp/PgDn or tab.

It would be nice for mythbrowser to honor "space" as a PgDn and maybe
have a "remote" mode toggle that would remap key functions to be
consistent or similar to how mythtv handles moving through
information. Perhaps something like 3,9 => PgUp/PgDn, Channel Up/Dn
([])  => 1/4 screen up/down, Volume Up/Dn => highlight previous link /
highlight next link, Enter to jump to link. Something else to bring up
virtual keyboard? (R)ec to bookmark URL, M to bring up an OSD menu
with options for forward/back/go to bookmarks, something else like ?P?
to go back to previous page.

Or... maybe the solution to this problem is finally bite the bullet
and set up LIRC? How does the remote under lirc function in
mythbrowser?

-Ross