[mythtv] EPIA M10k - XvMC: Very high CPU (even when paused!!)

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jan 17 23:38:26 UTC 2007

Terry Barnaby wrote:
> Note that there was a bug in MythTv 0.20 that caused the OSD to be on
> for Interactive TV. This caused 70% + CPU usage. This was fixed in the
> CVS version. There is an earlier thread on this issue but I can remember
> the name ...

Yeah thanks for pointing this out but I generally always use the SVN
version.

The bug (I've not 100% confirmed it yet) seems to be related to video
previews before playing a recording. This seems to have a race condition
that sometimes (usually?) prevents the full screen playback using XvMC
VLD extensions and falls back to regular decoding which kills
performance quite nicely!

Turning off video previews fixes things for now.

I'm also in the process of moving house so have no working myth setup
just now :(

Col.